Pages

Friday 21 December 2012

Futako Tamagawa

Upon my arrival I ended up having a nightmare of a time with  pre-organised Tokyo accommodation. After racing around the city in circles trying to meet the manager of the guest house, I finally arrived at my room in Gotanda (a sought of red light area) at about 1am - only to realize my promised 6 Mats room with a window was really a 2 mat room without any windows next to a pulsating washing machine on top of a massage parlor :(

The next morning I  received an email from a New Zealand dude Chris, who was responding to a Tokyo/Northcote house swap advertisement which I had posted online a few days before my departure with very little expectation.

Anyway, Chris GENEROUSLY saved me from Gotanda and is now letting me share his house in the awesome Futako Tamagawa district, alongside his 8 month Pregnant wife Mika and his freind Jordie - the kindness of strangers.

Futako Tamagawa is a very interesting area which is next to the Tamagawa river that seperates Tokyo with Kanagawa prefectures (more on this river and its sounds in future posts)



Here are some photos from the apartment I'm staying in, and also some recordings of rain hitting a steel roofing on the balcony.



Rain falling on Iron - Futako Tamagawa by Mountain Black Sound Undernaith a bridge - Futako Tamagawa by Mountain Black Sound




No comments:

Post a Comment