Pages

Friday 13 February 2015

lava-red, ocher and yellow swirling tribal rock formations etched into the mountainside.

Last night, a quest and a battle of the most grave importance was taking place on a fiery and immense, silvery-black mountain. There was a group of us on the edge of a cliff, drawing up a plan of attack in order to defeat whatever lay beyond the ridge. The landscape was exquisite, with laver-red, ocher and yellow swirling tribal rock formations etched into the mountainside, which was illuminated by a fiery-red glow mixed in with a silvery-while light.

After devising our plan we set off for the attack, but in that very instance I found myself frozen in a hidden pocket of the mountain's steep, where, a bed with pearl colour silk sheets stood with three women laying on top of it, all of whom were all having sex with one-another in a single line formation, and at the end of this line sat a crosslegged baby who was mechanically yet intently writing scrolls. At this point, I was told that all this was just an illusion and that I was in fact under the spell of a demon, and that the only way out, was for a potion/wine to be consumed. The next moment the baby was clumsily pouring splashes of golden-white liquid into the mouths of the unconscious then stroking their throats to to guide the liquid down. Eventually the wine began to take effect; although, I just couldn't be certain who it was helping! Were the women actually the demon who was meant to be sedated, or were we the women in need of the potion to break the demons spell? In this instance I realised that I had completely forgotten all the details, actions and meaning of the initial quest prior to this spell, and had no idea where to go or what to do from this point on. I tried focusing with all my might but simply could not remember any past events, nor could I work out any meaning behind the demons, the spell, the women and the baby - I knew they were all important elements - but I just couldn't resolve them.

In this conundrum I semi-awoke back to waking life, but was still clutching onto the remnants of my dream, and still very much tormented by the fact that I couldn't remember any details of the quest before the spell. Sitting up, I absorbed my surroundings and was stricken with fear from the deathly silence of my modern grey bedroom. The scenery was different but the air, time and flow was that of my dream. I lay back down for a minute and once again reconsidered any possible meaning behind the quest and wondered why I couldn't remember it; It was so vivid and important but I just couldn't recall or prove it to myself - the more I thought about it, the more I began to consider that this whole situation was either just the result of a demon implanting the notion of a memory into my head to confuse me, or that I could simply not remember anything because I was still under the demon's spell? The only thing certain, was the mountain, it's patterns, the women on the bed, the child, and the spell.

Needing to go to the toilet, I slowly began to get out of bed but was instantly confronted with the profound sight of my closet door wide open, and the cold blackness inside - I questioned the relationship of the closet door to the situation and remembered how a black abyss can suck ones Qi and memories away. After pondering this this for a minute the door to my room slightly opened and a small amount of bluey-orange light flickered over my walls, trying to signal something to me which I just couldn't grasp. Being now stricken with fear but busting to pee, I cautiously got up and went to the waterloo. As soon as I opened the bathroom door I notices a particular sinisterness to my bathroom mirror, and on closer inspection realised that it was clearly just a guise for a window leading straight back into my dream - where the demon was still waiting. Being pretty freaked out about all this, I shook my head a few times and decided to cerebrally dismiss it all as a strange dream/delusion which I just had to block out. I then relieved myself and returned to my room; still in fear I turned on my bedroom light, closed the closet door, and prayed that there would be no retribution for these acts.


I would definitely say this dreamed leaned closer to a nightmare, but the production quality was so great that I am very thankful to have had such an experience, and the thought of being spellbound by a demon who has implanted false memories has really given me something worth thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment